"Relaunch Your Career" with Mastercard
We are currently hiring for our Relaunch Your Career program. The program runs September to December and is based out of our Singapore office. This is a 12 week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break to return to work. You will have the chance to work on an engaging project at Mastercard, plus on-the-job training, coaching and support. At the end of the 12 weeks, there is a potential permanent role waiting for you. The possibilities are Priceless.
What we offer to help you find your way:
• A 12 week program, on a paid fixed-term contract
• A wealth of learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentation and networking, online learning and coaching from managers
• A structured getting started program
• An engaging and stimulating project to work on
• A buddy assigned from day one
• A manager equipped in helping people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
• Depending on availability and our selection criteria, the chance to apply for a permanent role
Relaunch your Career with Mastercard
Who are we looking for?
We are currently hiring for our Relaunch Your Career program. The program runs from September to December and is based out of our Singapore office. This is a 12 week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break to return to work. You will have the chance to work on an engaging project at Mastercard, plus on-the-job training, coaching and support. At the end of the 12 weeks, there is a potential permanent role waiting for you. The possibilities are Priceless.
All About You
Relaunch Your Career is for people who:
• Have taken a career break of two or more years
• Are keen to return to work on a permanent basis
• Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The Available Roles:
- Digital Payments
- Mastercard Advisor (Consulting/ Advisory)
Mastercard Asia-Pacific global markets legal team is responsible for supporting the Asia-Pacific business and negotiating and drafting contracts with customers and key stakeholders, managing issues related to licensing, franchise, marketing and promotions, products and services offerings, regulatory and legal affairs, mergers acquisitions and joint ventures, restructurings, dispute resolutions, and other day-to-day operational issues.
• Conducts: By reviewing and negotiation of contracts with customers, merchants and suppliers.
• Assists: By supporting Public Policy and Franchise Department.
• Liaises: With global staff when agreements are required for implementation of projects in the AP region.
Mastercard is a leading global payments solutions company that provides a broad variety of innovative services in support of our global members' credit, deposit access, electronic cash, business-to-business and related payment programs. The Digital Payment & Labs group’s vision is to create a world beyond plastic through a combination of technology and strategic partnerships. We are creating great experiences for consumers across all channels and all devices, enabling merchants to reach new consumers in ways not possible in the pre-digital world. We work with banks, merchants and digital participants to enable consumers to use connected devices for everyday shopping and payments.
• Conducts: by reviewing & developing new and existing products and solutions; programs and services, as required.
• Assists: in the tactical plans to enhance customer and Mastercard profitability.
• Liaises: with stakeholders at customer end and with Mastercard support teams.
MASTERCARD ADVISORS (CONSULTING)
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
• Conducts: key hypotheses and independently structures work at the work stream or project level
• Assists with the development of working relationships with mid- to senior-level client management
• Liaises with Mastercard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development efforts
If you do not fulfill all the criteria but would like to give it a try, do send in your interest as well. However, please note that priority will be given to those who have taken time off work and meet the requirements (*)
CLOSING DATE: 1 August 2018
HOW IT WORKS
(1) Complete the online form below - remember to attach your resume
(2) Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with the business leaders of Mastercard (Singapore) on 14 August 2018 for the networking session
(3) After the session, candidates will be further shortlisted for the upcoming 12-weeks "Relaunch Your Career" program.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the session. Priority will be given to female candidates who best meet the requirements.
Shortlisted candidates for the session will be notified via email by 7 August 2018
A morning with Mastercard
14 August 2018
Interested in finding out how more about "Relaunch Your Career"?
Come meet the Mastercard team and discover what a career in Mastercard entails. Learn more about the "Relaunch Your Career" Program.
"Relaunch Your Career" Program is part of Mastercard’s mission to build a global and collaborative culture of inclusion, driving talent development, innovation and results. It is designed to encourage women to return to the workforce, showcasing their talent.
In this sharing session, you will get the opportunity to learn more about:
“The Whole You” – Mastercard’s approach to flexibility and supporting women with families
The Women’s Leadership Network and Mastercard’s focus on gender inclusiveness
The personal journey experience - talks by current female talents in Mastercard
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to meet and network, with business leaders who are open to hiring women back into the workforce.
Candidates invited to this event may be further shortlisted for the upcoming 12 weeks’ Relaunch Your Career program from 17 Sep - 7 Dec 2018.
Submit your interest
To apply for the Mastercard 'Relaunch Your Career' Program, select the roles that you are keen to try out for - complete the form below, attaching your resume (PDF or MS Word format). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the networking session.
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Behind The Scenes
About Mums@Work Singapore & Career Navigators
MUMS@WORK (Singapore) was set up to help mothers marry their professional experience with the shift in priorities upon the inclusion of new family members. Our main mission is to be a point of information source for mothers who want to work flexi-time or run their own Mumpreneur business so as to have sufficient time for family as well.
To date, MUMS@WORK (Singapore) has more than 32,000 members (as at Dec 2016) and has successfully listed more than 2700 flexi-work arrangement jobs (for professionals and executives), since it started in 2010. We hold numerous events every month, with our annual career fair being the most popular. More details here.
CAREER NAVIGATORS serve as a compass point for the woman who wants to explore new (or restart previous) career paths. Through self-discovery, training and actual hands-on experiential projects, we assist her in getting back on board and getting ready to ‘up her game’.
CAREER NAVIGATORS celebrates gender diversity and encourages companies to support the journey of these women. Acting as a partner, we strive to deliver numerous educational, tactical and strategic projects, enabling employers and job seekers to find the perfect win-win situation.